There will be times when you are perhaps doing a clean up of a file, or where your clients are marking expenses as billable in QuickBooks but that aren't actually billable. It can be a nuisance since QuickBooks will remind them every time they create an invoice that they've got unmilled charges. There are two ways that you can make the expenses unbillable:
- Manually - Open up each transaction and unselecting the checkbox for billable. This is realistic if you only have a few.
- Automatically - There is an awesome tool that allows you cleanup unbilled charges en masse.
- Open your client file (this is an important step, and make sure you have the right file open as it doesn't flag you anywhere else)
- Paste this URL into either the same tab, or another tab in the browser - http://qbo.intuit.com/app/managebillableexpense
- Enter the Date for which you want all prior expenses to be marked unbillable
- Voila - All done :-)
Updated: April 2019