There are times that your clients aren't working with tech savvy year end accountants and you have to download reports for them into excel. Sometimes they will tell you what they need, sometimes they don't.
If they don't let us know, here is what we would typically send to them in excel format.
- Comparative Balance Sheet (Current and prior year balances)
- Comparative Income Statement (Current and prior year balances)
- General Ledger for the Year
- Open A/P Report at year end
- Open A/R Report at year end
- Bank Reconciliation Reports for bank and credit cards with balances
If they want you to print it off and give it to them, tell your client to get a new accountant :-)